Friday, February 24, 2012

I Want a Segment! (The Birth of Mom Moments)

Since I've started following blogs, I've noticed how a bunch of them have these weekly/monthly little segments that are always on the same topic or on the same day of the week, like this one, this one, this one, and this one - and I like it!

So I think I'm going to have a nice little weekly recap segment, called Mom Moments, that will basically just highlight a selection of my favorite (employable AND prob mostly enjoyable) moments from the week.

This week's pics happen to have a theme: mischief.


1. At church on Sunday, my husband noticed a little boy drawing on the offering envelopes during mass. As we were leaving I snapped this pic of one of his drawings that he left in the pew because I just thought it was so cute and innocent. I LOVE little kid drawings and can't wait for our son to start producing his own.

2. After my son wakes up from a nap I usually give him about fifteen minutes before I go in and get him, sometimes he goes back to sleep, but usually he plays for a little while I finish up what I am doing. So I was in the basement switching out some laundry and all of a sudden, through the monitor and through the floor I started hearing some successive loud bangs. When I looked at the monitor I could only see baby's feet and so I literally freaked and ran up the stairs because I had NO IDEA what was going on. Turns out he managed to scoot himself up the crib to the bookshelf and started pulling books off of the shelf. He got 7.

3. I was pureeing something in the kitchen and baby was just not having it; if he couldn't see me, he was crying, except for when the dog walked by. Quick little me decided to keep the dog busy in the room with a toy and wa-la, built in baby entertainment. I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner.

4. Someone has become a super roller! Baby was playing with the little green toy on the right, facing it, and literally two seconds later...trying to pull some cushions off the couch. I think I need to start thinking about baby proofing.

Sincerely,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment